Introduction to Social Media Marketing
Introduction to Social Media Marketing:-
Social Media Marketing has become the most powerful tool because of such a huge user base. It has gained massive attraction and growth in the past decade. It helps you to reach out to your target audience and it enables the marketer to create and share content.
Social Media Trends:
Introduction to Facebook Platform:
Facebook is the world's most popular social networking website. It makes it easy for you to connect and share with your family and friends online. Facebook has even helped the web become more open and social.
Originally designed for college students, Facebook was created in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg while he was enrolled at Harvard University. By 2006, however, anyone over the age of 13 with a valid email address could join
Being one of the largest social media platforms, provides insight into its users’ interests, likes, dislikes, personal life and buying behavior. This large database of information can be tapped into by your business or organization to generate high-quality leads, sales inquiries, and traffic to your website.
Facebook provides features useful for both consumers and businesses, it has become an attractive platform for virtually all industries to achieve very specific business goals, such as
- Increasing brand awareness: All size companies are penetrating Facebook’s massive community with Facebook Ads and Facebook Pages.
- Launching products: Brands are now using Facebook to announce new products with Facebook Ad campaigns and custom apps as part of their overall product launch strategy.
- Customer service: More and more companies have realized that Facebook Pages are a very inexpensive way to enhance existing cus-customer support channels, simply because posting resolutions to basic product issues or answers to questions on Facebook means important information can be seen by many customers. They also realize that an increasing number of consumers expect to be able to get their issues resolved by contacting the company via its Facebook Page.
- Selling products and services: Businesses are selling their services on Facebook through the use of e-commerce applications that can be added to a Facebook Page.
How Does Facebook Algorithm Works:
What is Edge Rank?
It is an Algorithm on which Facebook newsfeed works. Examples of
Edges would be status updates,
comments, likes, and shares.
Serkan Piantino an Indian origin woman, developed & implemented Edge Rank.
Edge Rank = A(Affinity) + W(Weight) + T(Time)
What does Edge Rank Do?
EdgeRank ranks Edges in the NewsFeed. EdgeRank looks at all of the Edges that are connected to the User then ranks each Edge based on importance to the User. Objects with the highest EdgeRank will go to the top of the News Feed.
Edge Rank Algorithm:
This algorithm can be understood as: the sum of Edges, each Edge is made up of Affinity, Weight, and Time Decay.
- Affinity-Affinity is the score between the viewer and the ‘edge’ creator. How closely you are tied to the person creating the content determines this score. It means how much one user's action responding to other user's actions.
- Weight- Weight is the value given to the comments and actions any given post receives from your Facebook community. As they “like” it, comment on it, tag it, it gains in relevance to the community at large. Each Category of edges has a different default weight.
- Time Decay- Time Decay is just that, the decaying value of the content as time passes. Today’s news is news. Yesterday’s news is history; in days gone by, it lined the bottom of the birdcage or the litter